Sunday, April 15, 2012

Recent Artwork


  
This is just a summary of the artwork I've done over the past year.  I did my best to put them in a decending order.  Some of it is finished, and others I'd like to develop farther:


Acrylic/Oil 36'X48'
This is the most recent piece I've finished.  I consider it in many ways to be one of the most ambitious projects I've done so far.  It was a very complex idea based on a dream that I had.  I used no references (although in retrospect I should have for the little boy's face) and experimented a lot with color and different brush techniques.  All in all I consider it to be a huge success.

Pen & Pencil

Acrylic 24x48

Acrylic 16x20
I did this painting as a project for my English class.  It is based off of Shakespeare's play Hamlet. 

The Bear Who Loved the Cactus
Acrylic 12x12

Pen & Pencil
This is my newest favorite idea.  I'm in the process of doing a large oil version.  


Pen

Pen 8 1/2x11
Extremities                              


Pen

Pen & Pencil
  The Machine

Pen
The Only Daughter

Acrylic on wood
The bottom of a longboard.

Pen still life of knifes in a glass vase.

Watercolor 20x24


Oil 6x8
Experimenting with color and texture



   Pen & Pencil
   You Can Only Go Up From Here...



Acrylic 16x20


Pen & Watercolor

Pen & Watercolor


Oil 16x20


Oil 24x30


Acrylic 24x30


Oil
This portrait went missing almost immediately after it was completed.


Acrylic 16x20




1 comment:

  1. Your artworks with happy themes remind me Marc Chagall's painting. In color and of course in fantasy they are too familiar. I really like them.

    ReplyDelete